Out with the old, in with the new!
We’ve had so many enquiries for weddings in the last few months; April and May must be the months to get married… but we’ve noticed a trend lately and have crowned the Gerbera, Gerbera Daisy or Barberton Daisy, The New Rose!
Why you might ask? Here are a few reasons from our brides to be; “Simple is key…cheap…something modern…not too busy”, “budgetary constraints…saving for own home or honey moon”, “my colour scheme is bright orange, yellow and pink…I don’t want roses please”
This simple yet elegant flower is versatile, long lasting and modern. And the good news for a lot of brides on a tight budget is that they are a more affordable choice for wedding flowers than white roses or lilies.
You will find this family of the sunflower in all the colours of the rainbow and like the sunflower; Gerbera Daisies symbolize happiness, joy, beauty and wonder.
You can create the most beautiful Centerpieces using Gerberas. They are modern, colourful, affordable, long lasting and best of all you don’t need to use roses…
Combine bright orange and yellow with royal blue and rich purple for your medieval wedding, or add a touch of bright pink for an elegant wedding or garden wedding.
Or for your fairytale wedding use white gerberas which symbolize innocence, purity and love with a touch of baby pink or pale yellow.
A bunch of gerberas with a few roses and greenery, or even on their own tied with organza ribbon, maybe add a sparkle or a little bling with a gemstone pin in the centre, and you have a gorgeous bridal bouquet.
Since Gerberas come in different sizes; large, medium and small, they can easily be used as button holes, pomanders (ball of flowers) for flower girls, brides maids, pews and at the back of your chairs or on a napkin ring at the reception.
If you are on a really tight budget, DIY Weddings Magazine have a great article on how to create your own Gerbera Daisy Centerpiece, or read our wedding flower guide if you need help planning your wedding flowers.
There you have it girls, just because you want simple wedding flowers or you have a tight budget, doesn’t mean you have to have something less WOW than more expensive wedding flowers!
BTW: If you are looking for a wedding florist in Durban, South Africa, please feel free to get in touch with us.
- Unique Ideas for a Wedding with No Flowers
- The Ultimate Wedding Flower Guide
- How to Create a Hand-Tied Wedding Bouquet
- Artificial Flowers: The Year-Round Wedding Option
- Make Gorgeous Flower Choices for Your Wedding
24 Comments to “Wedding Flowers: Gerbera Daisy – The New Rose”
Leave a comment
Subscribe to Updates
- Create Your Own Unique Valentine’s Day Flower Arrangement
- Extraordinary Halloween Floral Arrangement Ideas
- Valentines Roses May Make Her Swoon, but Tulips Can for Less
- Valleflor: The Road Less Traveled
- Roses from Living Soil
- Ecuador Rose Grower Nurtures Flowers With Love
- Where Do Cut Flowers Grow & How Do They Reach Me?
- The Effects of Bad Customer Service
- Send Flowers for Mothers Day — Without the Hidden Fees
- How to Give Stylishly Chic Mother’s Day Flowers
- Secrets of Flowers Revealed
- How to Make Sugar-Frosted Flowers
- Valentine’s Day Aftermath: Don’t Give Up After a Bad Bouquet
- Valentine’s Day: Just One More Reason to Give Flowers
- 3 Easy Techniques to Create Black Flowers
- Halloween Party Ideas: 9 Tips to Create Ghostly Decor