A wedding is one of the most unforgettable and important events of one’s life, and you want it to be a perfect event — from the wedding ring and wedding gown to the wedding cake and the wedding decorations. Your ceremony and reception’s theme is often the key to pulling each individual element together to create a magical experience for the bride, groom and all the guests.
When most people think of weddings, they envision lovely, lavish flower arrangements. But, believe it or not, some brides simply don’t like or want flowers. They may be allergic to certain kinds of flowers. They may want a nontraditional wedding without the huge traditional flower centerpieces and arrangements. Or they want to maintain a minimalistic, fresh and modern look for their wedding ceremony.
Avoiding a Floral Flop
You’ve chosen the colors for your wedding. You’ve picked out your gown and the bridesmaids’ dresses. Now you’re ready to choose the flowers for your bouquets.
A DIY Technique for the Bride on a Budget
Budgets are tight these days. As a result, most brides are being forced to get creative for their weddings to make every dollar they spend work as hard as possible. One way you can save some cash is to choose flowers for your bouquet—and all the other blooms for your bridal party— that are in season. Seasonal flowers are plentiful, which brings down the costs.
When Kate Middleton married Prince William last April, many brides-to-be paid close attention to every detail, including the bridal bouquet. Following Kate’s sophisticated fashion sense, her bouquet was simple, elegant and understated.
Out with the old, in with the new!
We’ve had so many enquiries for weddings in the last few months; April and May must be the months to get married… but we’ve noticed a trend lately and have crowned the Gerbera, Gerbera Daisy or Barberton Daisy, The New Rose!
Are you planning a wedding and not sure what wedding flowers you need, or how to go about getting a quote? We know exactly how you feel, as we get daily enquiries from brides to be who aren’t sure where to begin, or what to ask for. So to help get you started, we’ve put together this simple and easy to follow wedding flower guide, listing all the most important floral requirements you need to consider for your wedding day:
Subscribe to Updates
- Create Your Own Unique Valentine’s Day Flower Arrangement
- Extraordinary Halloween Floral Arrangement Ideas
- Valentines Roses May Make Her Swoon, but Tulips Can for Less
- Valleflor: The Road Less Traveled
- Roses from Living Soil
- Ecuador Rose Grower Nurtures Flowers With Love
- Where Do Cut Flowers Grow & How Do They Reach Me?
- The Effects of Bad Customer Service
- Send Flowers for Mothers Day — Without the Hidden Fees
- How to Give Stylishly Chic Mother’s Day Flowers
- Secrets of Flowers Revealed
- How to Make Sugar-Frosted Flowers
- Valentine’s Day Aftermath: Don’t Give Up After a Bad Bouquet
- Valentine’s Day: Just One More Reason to Give Flowers
- 3 Easy Techniques to Create Black Flowers
- Halloween Party Ideas: 9 Tips to Create Ghostly Decor