Mothers Day flowers are a traditional way of showing appreciation for the mom in your life. But with today’s extended families — and members living miles, and even continents, apart — arranging for a floral delivery is a bit trickier than in years gone by.
Today’s moms aren’t like those depicted in the past. If you see one wearing an apron, it’s likely to be modishly retro or vintage chic. Her hair is more likely to be tastefully highlighted in a stylish bob than pulled back into a graying bun. And her shoes may sport a designer label rather than a “sensible” heel.
Her taste in flowers probably is just as fashionable. She wants a floral arrangement that—when delivered—will make friends and coworkers “Ooooh!” and “Ahhhh!” with heart-felt envy rather than merely polite admiration.
Do you think “black” when thinking of flowers? Then, think again. The use of the color can add dramatic impact to a flower arrangement. Even among brides, the dark shade is becoming more popular, either for a wedding bouquet and reception flower arrangements, such as a mix of black and white flowers. It’s no longer reserved for gothic touches at Halloween.
Flowers make seniors feel better. Science proves it.
Specifically, 81 percent of seniors who participated in a study by Rutgers University (Newark, N.J., U.S.A.) reported a reduction in depression following the receipt of flowers. Forty percent of seniors reported broadening their social contacts beyond their normal social circle of family and close friends. And 72 percent of the seniors who received flowers scored very high on memory tests in comparison with seniors who did not receive flowers.
Floral Beauty May Be Fleeting Without Proper Flower Care
The care your florist gives to the blossoms in his or her store can have a significant impact on how long those flowers last once you get them home. No matter how well you care for your flowers, if the florist didn’t provide proper handling of the blossoms while they were in his care, they won’t last more than a few days for you.
How to make your Flowers Last Longer
There are few things in this world more delightful and pleasing to the soul than a beautiful bouquet of fresh cut flowers. Their vibrant colours and often unique character will brighten up any room or office space. So it goes without saying that you would want your lovely flowers to last as long as possible, which is why we’ve put this easy to follow list of flower care tips together for you to get your flowers off to a running start and keep them blooming for longer.
Subscribe to Updates
- Create Your Own Unique Valentine’s Day Flower Arrangement
- Extraordinary Halloween Floral Arrangement Ideas
- Valentines Roses May Make Her Swoon, but Tulips Can for Less
- Valleflor: The Road Less Traveled
- Roses from Living Soil
- Ecuador Rose Grower Nurtures Flowers With Love
- Where Do Cut Flowers Grow & How Do They Reach Me?
- The Effects of Bad Customer Service
- Send Flowers for Mothers Day — Without the Hidden Fees
- How to Give Stylishly Chic Mother’s Day Flowers
- Secrets of Flowers Revealed
- How to Make Sugar-Frosted Flowers
- Valentine’s Day Aftermath: Don’t Give Up After a Bad Bouquet
- Valentine’s Day: Just One More Reason to Give Flowers
- 3 Easy Techniques to Create Black Flowers
- Halloween Party Ideas: 9 Tips to Create Ghostly Decor