A wedding is one of the most unforgettable and important events of one’s life, and you want it to be a perfect event — from the wedding ring and wedding gown to the wedding cake and the wedding decorations. Your ceremony and reception’s theme is often the key to pulling each individual element together to create a magical experience for the bride, groom and all the guests.
Why Silk Flowers?
Choosing flowers as the focus of a wedding is always popular because flowers create a natural, charming and romantic aura for an already beautiful event. But choosing wedding decor that includes flora can have certain drawbacks, such as the cost of favourite flowers that may be out of season, the expense and difficulty of incorporating live plants, wilting and dropping leaves, etc. If any of these factors affect your wedding, you may want to consider incorporating silk or artificial plants into your event.
(Consider the couple who longs for a summer or spring wedding with the perfect climate and a bounty of gorgeous blossoms — but, for whatever reason, must plan a wedding during winter or autumn. That bride and groom can still create a gardenlike setting — even an indoor forest with a canopy of trees such as those that adorned Prince William and Kate Middleton’s wedding at Westminster Abbey — for their special event by taking advantage of the benefits that artificial offerings provide.)
Lots of Accessorizing Options
Because they are unaffected by seasonal influences, silk flowering trees or artificial flower trees, wreaths, garlands, trellises, topiaries and table arrangements can be the perfect answer to accessorizing your wedding. And forget about the days of tacky-looking faux plants. Silk offerings today have undergone a renaissance; their quality is far superior to the materials used in the past. In fact, you can easily mistake today’s artificial options for the real thing.
Ambiance From Romantic to Royal
With so many choices of designs, styles and colors, silk florals can adorn your wedding venue just as beautifully as real flowers. Consider some of these options:
• Fuchsia or lilac bougainvilleas overflowing on reception tables.
• Cherry blossom or rose artificial topiaries lining the aisle for a romantic theme.
• Purple wisteria trees surrounding the bridal table with a royal aura.
• Lush, flowering hedges that greet guests and create a country ambiance.
• Sumptuous arrangements of orchids, lilies or other exotic flowers bedecking the altar.
• Lavish garlands of jasmine or magnolias draping the pews.
• Quaint grapevine and violet wreaths decorating the church and reception doors.
Faux Plants, Real Solutions
Despite their very real appearance, artificial plants offer the distinct advantage of not wilting or dropping leaves. Thus, you can be assured that your wedding’s setting won’t be spoiled. You can also customize flowering plants according to your choice and preferences, thus giving you the opportunity to plan any desired theme. Another bonus? After the wedding festivities have ended, you can use the silk trees or flowers to decorate your home or office interiors.
Let your imagination soar as you discuss all the floral options with your florist, no matter what time of the year it is. Today’s sophisticated artificial flowers offer the perfect option to create the wedding of your dreams.
PS: If you enjoyed this article, help spread the word by clicking the “Like”, “Tweet”, “+1” buttons or sharing it using the share icons below. Want to read more articles like this? Then Subscribe to our Updates, and get our articles directly to your inbox or RSS reader.
- Make Gorgeous Flower Choices for Your Wedding
- Wedding Flowers: Gerbera Daisy – The New Rose
- Unique Ideas for a Wedding with No Flowers
- The Ultimate Wedding Flower Guide
- How to Duplicate a Royal Bridal Bouquet
8 Comments to “Artificial Flowers: The Year-Round Wedding Option”
Leave a comment
Subscribe to Updates
- Create Your Own Unique Valentine’s Day Flower Arrangement
- Extraordinary Halloween Floral Arrangement Ideas
- Valentines Roses May Make Her Swoon, but Tulips Can for Less
- Valleflor: The Road Less Traveled
- Roses from Living Soil
- Ecuador Rose Grower Nurtures Flowers With Love
- Where Do Cut Flowers Grow & How Do They Reach Me?
- The Effects of Bad Customer Service
- Send Flowers for Mothers Day — Without the Hidden Fees
- How to Give Stylishly Chic Mother’s Day Flowers
- Secrets of Flowers Revealed
- How to Make Sugar-Frosted Flowers
- Valentine’s Day Aftermath: Don’t Give Up After a Bad Bouquet
- Valentine’s Day: Just One More Reason to Give Flowers
- 3 Easy Techniques to Create Black Flowers
- Halloween Party Ideas: 9 Tips to Create Ghostly Decor